Question: How can I create a PDF file from a printed document?
If you have a copy of the original document in your computer, it's better to convert the file into a PDF rather than scan the printed version. See How can I create a PDF file on a Windows PC? or How can I create a PDF file on a Mac?.
If you have no other choice you can create a PDF from a printed document using the school's Toshiba scanner.
- Find a flash drive.
- Take it to the Toshiba scanner.
- Scan the printed document and save the resulting PDF file to your flash drive.
- Take the flash drive back to your computer and plug it into a USB port.
- Transfer the PDF from the flash drive to your computer.
Disadvantages of scanned PDFs
- The PDF is black and white, not color.
- The file is an image PDF, not a text PDF. As a result, the PDF will be larger than necessary and people who get it won't be able to highlight the text for copying and pasting from the PDF to other documents.