Question: What should I do routinely?
What you put on your website is up to you, but these suggestions may be helpful.
At the start of each school year:
- Make sure your subject and room number are correct.
- Update your class schedule.
- Change any information that applies only to a previous school year.
- Update any documents in your download list or locker that change each year.
- If you plan to use your Calendar page, add any known events.
- Review each other page on your website.
- Do the "once in a while" steps below.
At least once in a while:
- Add any missing information.
- Remove any obsolete information.
- Update your wishlist, if posted, to reflect what you currently need.
- Test links and correct them if necessary.
As often as you like:
- Post news.
- Post assignment or homework information.
- Update your Calendar page.
- Update any resource links or downloads that you provide for your students.
- Add photos, slideshows, or videos.
Annual Cleanup by Neil Cuadra
Neil does a summer update of the entire Palms website. Among the updates he may make to teacher websites:
- Remove unused page elements (usually empty Rich Text elements).
- Fix text formatting problems, including removing extraneous leading paragraph breaks.
- Add or correct links to pages on the main Palms website.
- Update links to LAUSD pages that have moved.
- Fix other broken links if he knows what the problem is.
- Add the left-column menu if it's missing from a page.
- Remove duplicate calendars.
- Change URL-only links to website name links, especially if URLs are overly long for their column.
- Add websites for teachers who have joined Palms.
- Remove websites for teachers who have left Palms.
- Remove leftover Preferred Actitivy Class (PAC) lines from schedule tables.
- Enable the "Hide news module if no news is posted" feature on news elements.
- Add a link to a teacher's non-School Loop website, if that's what they use.
- Change the obsolete LAUSDnet Kids link to LAUSD Just for Kids.