Question: What should I put on my website?
Share Your Ideas!
Your website is like a bulletin board for your students and their parents. It lets you communicate with and distribute information and documents to everyone at once.
At a minimum we would like each teacher's web page to include:
- A welcome message.
- Basic information:
- subject(s) taught
- room number
- schedule of classes
- contact links
- Your syllabus for each class, e.g.,
- course outline
- class rules
- homework policy
- grading system
- letter to parents
You should change the basic information on your website whenever the information changes.
Beyond the minimum, what you put on your website is entirely up to you. Put the information that you want to share with students and parents.
- your photo
- details about each class or elective you teach
- class news
- a calendar of quizzes, tests, and assignment due dates
- downloadable handouts and assignment sheets
- links to online textbooks at the publisher's site
- a link to your grades web page, where you post password-protected student grades
- links to recommended resources
- supply lists for students
- classroom wishlist for generous parents
- photos of class activities or projects
- group photos of students
- photos of individual students (with parental permission)
- your biography
- links to pages on the main school website
- links to pages of other teachers, such as a teacher you team with
- Come up with your own ideas!