Question: What are calendar events?
Calendar events are items that appear on your calendar. There are two types:
- Assignments: school assignments with descriptions, assignment dates, and due dates.
- General Events: all other events on your calendars -- reminders, test dates, scheduled activities, etc. The events on the main School Calendar are also general events.
Each calendar event can have any of the following information:
- Title: event name or one-line event description e.g., Review Test
- Description: event description, as long as you like, e.g., Multiple-choice test covering Chapters 4 and 5
- Start and end time: events without times are called "all day" events
- Location: used if the event will not be in your classroom, e.g., Auditorium
- Attached files: one or more files or handout that students can download right from the calendar, e.g., an answer sheet to fill out
- Web page links: one or more links to any websites related to the event, on your website, on the main Palms website, or anywhere on the Internet
Only the Date and Title are required.
Calendar page as a student would see it, with an event closeup:
Event details, which students see if they click on the event: